Steve Jobs

I was at work when I heard that Steve Jobs died. Suddenly everyone was talking about it. Suddenly thats all everyone would talk about. I pondered what the implications of his death would mean to Apple, to the industry to mankind even; it seemed like that was the general trend that people were talking about. I added my own masala and texted my BBM group saying,
" Steve Jobs died. There will be an onslaught of Facebook status messages. Brace yourselves.".

Does that mean that I too am one of them? When I say one of "them", I don't mean that people, who do tweet/text/talk and spread the word about it, are something bad. It is just my humble opinion that they do it for different reasons. No doubt every one of us believes that the world lost a visionary and I believe that we do feel badly that someone so incredible died, leaving behind such a legacy.

That said, the reason why we mourn and talk and tweet about it is for entirely a different reason. Simply put it makes us feel human. We are social beings who feel comforted by looking at each other, for a second and recognizing for that one brief moment in time, we are thinking the same thing. It takes a big cause after all, for us to stand united, the people and the government all taking one side. So go forth, be human, talk about it, write about it, but most importantly think about it, for most of us will NEVER be as big a cause as Steve Jobs is, in our lifetimes.

No comments: