My movie crisis

Last Friday, I went over to Fremont's Big Cinema with some friends, and watched Ajith's new movie, Mankatha. I used to be a pretty big fan of Venkat Prabhu back in the day, so I went with the reasonable hope that I would be able to digest Ajith's face and enjoy the movie. After all this was my first tamil movie, in some two years. It will suffice to say that that wasn't the case.

It is a commonly known fact that people who leave India, and live abroad, always think of India in terms of the last few indian movies they enjoyed, when they were still in India. Its almost as if they are frozen in time.

I'm now one of those frozen people. Movies like Vaaranam Ayiram, Ayan and Chennai 28, will always be "new" movies in my head. And the music from those will always be my favorite, and the actors and the dialogues will always be the ones most fondly remembered.

No comments: